WEATHER CONDITIONS AND SUITABLE CLOTHES TO BRING WITH YOU
Summer in Tomsk is warm but not hot, so when coming to Tomsk in July or August take a sweater and a pair of jeans with you.
In August the weather is getting colder, it often rains.
Real winter usually starts a month before the first winter day in our calendar comes; already in November everything is covered in snow and the temperature goes below -20 degrees.
Spring in Tomsk comes late, so in March people still wear winter clothes. Late spring may be warm and very rainy, but sometimes temperatures can remain low till the middle of June.
From September till mid-November you will need:
From November till mid-March you will need:
The heating season in Tomsk lasts from September to May, so it is very warm in apartments and lecture halls. The temperature inside is usually around +25, regardless of the temperature outside.
COMMUTING, MEALS AND ACCOMMODATION EXPENSES
Approximate monthly expenses:
- Food – 6,000 rubles ($88.17). Food can be bought in big supermarkets, such as ABRIKOS, YARCHE, INTERSPAR, LENTA, MARIA-RA.
- Commuting – 1,600 rubles ($23.51)
- Internet, mobile phone – 500 rubles ($7.35)
- Sports, entertainment – 1,000 rubles ($14.69)
- TOTAL: 9,100 rubles ($133.72)
The average check in a café:
- 450 rubles ($6.61)
- 250 rubles ($3.67) for a business lunch
The average cinema ticket price is 180 rubles ($2.64).
Tomsk is a small and cozy city with a developed transport infrastructure.
You can commute by:
- BUS – the fare is 18 rubles ($0.26)
- TROLLEY BUS – the fare is 16 rubles ($0.24)
- TRAM – the fare is 16 rubles ($0.24)
The distance from Tomsk to Bogashevo Airport is 20 km.
You can get there by:
- TAXI – the average fare is 600 rubles ($8.82). A taxi cab can be ordered right from the airport, a taxi desk is located opposite the baggage claim area.
- BUS #119 – the fare is 60 rubles ($0.88).